How will the flexibility of ‘playing up’ work and affect my Mini Tennis Rating?
8U Red Ball to 9U Orange Ball:
- When a Red Ball player is in their second to last or last season and has played 40 red ball matches they will be allocated an Orange 4 rating. Find out more information.
- In Orange Ball competitions any matches played and won against Orange players will count towards their mini Orange rating in line with the Mini Tennis ratings system.
- In Red Ball competition any matches and wins will not count towards their Orange rating. For your opponents any matches played will count as matches.
- If an orange player plays another orange player in a Red Ball competition the match will not count as a participation match or win for either player.
9U Orange Ball to 10U Green Ball:
- When you are in your last season of Orange Ball competition, and have reached an Orange 1 rating, you will keep an Orange rating but be able to compete in Green as well as Orange Ball competitions.
- At the end of the season, when you reach the appropriate age, your rating, if Orange 1, will move to Green 2 and your rating, if Orange 1*, will move to Green 1.
- When playing up in Green Ball competitions neither matches played nor matches won against Orange or Green players will count for your rating. For Green 1,2,3,& 4 rated opponents matches played will count as 'participation' matches but not as 'wins'.
10U Green Ball to 12U Yellow Ball:
- When you are in your last season of Green Ball competition, and have reached a Green 1 rating, you will keep a Green rating but be allowed to compete in 12U Yellow Ball, as well as Green Ball, competitions.
- At the end of the season, when you reach the appropriate age, you will compete exclusively in Yellow Ball competition and move to a minimum rating of 9.2. If you have reached Green 1* you will move to a rating of 9.1.
- You will not pick up 12U ranking points when you are a Green Ball competitor who is 'playing up'.
- In Green and Yellow Ball competition matches played and won against Green or Yellow players will not count for your rating. For opponents who are rated 10.2 or higher matches played will not count as wins or losses.