What stage of Mini Tennis should I be playing at?
A player's season age and in turn their competition age group is determined by the player’s age on the last day of the season:
- Last day of the Winter season: 31st March
- Last day of the Summer season: 31st August
Based on your age on the last day of the season, you will play:
- Red Ball: 8 & under – must be aged 8 on the last day of the season
- Orange Ball: 8 & 9 – must be aged 9 on the last day of the season
- Green Ball: 10 & under – must be aged 10 on the last day of the season
All players will move age group/ball colour in line with the competition age group rules:
- Red players in their second to last and last season who have played at least 40 Red Ball matches can compete in Red and play up in Orange (rating moves to Orange 4.
- Orange 1 or 1* in their last season can compete in Orange and play up in Green (rating stays as Orange).
- Green 1 or 1* in their last season can compete in Green and play up in Yellow (rating stays as Green).