How do I apply for an OCR check?
Below you can find guidance on the application process for a number of countries. If your country is not in the link shown below, please contact the Safeguarding Team for support.
- Countries A to F: Afghanistan to France
- Countries G to P: Gambia to Portugal
- Countries Q to Z: Qatar to Zimbabwe
- I need an OCR; do I also need to do a DBS check?
It will depend on the type of work you will be doing with children. If you’re carrying out a ‘regulated activity’ role, then you will need a DBS check in addition to your OCR.
- What do I do once I have my overseas check?
You will need to send the original certificate/document to the Safeguarding Team, along with photo ID of yourself, e.g. a valid passport, driving licence.
- Do I need to provide references?
Yes, you will need to provide the name, address and email address for two people willing to give you a reference. One of the referees should be your most recent employer and ideally from within tennis, e.g. Head Coach, Club Manager etc.
- I have completed my DBS, why hasn’t this been added to my coach/official record?
Your DBS will not be accepted until the Safeguarding Team have approved your OCR check.
- Can I apply for coaching courses and accreditation whilst I am waiting for my OCR to be completed?
No, you will need to wait until the OCR process is complete.
- I do not reside in the UK but I am coming to the UK just to do my coaching qualifications. Do I need an OCR?
It will depend on the qualification and the type of work you will be doing whilst in the UK. Please contact the Safeguarding Team to discuss your situation further.
- What happens after the overseas vetting is complete?
You will receive a letter confirming the OCR has been accepted by the LTA.