What is the Safeguarding and Protection in Tennis course?
This course is essential for anyone who has contact with children and/or adults at risk in a tennis environment and is a prerequisite for LTA Accredited coaches and Welfare Officers at Tennismark venues.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- State the definition of a child and adult at risk
- Identify the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect in children and adults at risk in tennis
- Practise dealing with a disclosure
- State best practice on how to gain consent from children and adults at risk
- State how to respond to unsafe working practices and safeguarding concerns
- Identify the LTA Reporting a Concern Form and how to complete the relevant sections
This course covers how to recognise and respond to the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect, how to refer concerns to relevant agencies and how to record incidents appropriately.
The duration of this course is three hours including a break and will take place in a classroom environment. This course has been approved by the LTA for 3 CPD credits.
The minimum age to attend this course is 16 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
To find and book onto a course near you head over to our online Find a Course search.