Am I eligible to apply for the Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE) programme?
AASE is aimed at players aged between 16 to 18 years old and provides a clear professional pathway for young players looking to develop a career as a coach, professional player or other role within tennis, whilst gaining qualifications.
Applicants must meet the below criteria:
- Hold a minimum rating of 5.1
- Demonstrate a full tournament programme including a minimum of 10 identified international/national events (a year) including British Tour; ITF Junior Events, ITF Pro-series, County Cup, National Grade 1 and 2 events (additional Team Tennis events)
- Compete in a minimum of 60 matches per year
- Train for a minimum of 16 hours per week (including physical conditioning and matches) with a further commitment to tennis related activity such as planning, file work, travelling, hitting with high performance juniors (total 30 hours per week)
- Players must have completed GCSEs in Maths and English