Advantage Tennis Training
What is Advantage?
Launched in 2016, Advantage is a series of coaching sessions led by an LTA qualified coach. Each week’s session is set up to be a real workout and will focus on a number of tactical themes and training with similar level male players. Each session is approximately 90 minutes long.
Advantage is geared towards infrequent male players who are looking to dust off their rackets so they are in the best place to produce their best match play against their mates!
As a coach/venue, what requirements should we meet to run Advantage sessions?
Advantage can be delivered by Level 2 accredited coaches (and above). Prior to starting delivery you will need to have attended the LTA’s Adult CPD course and spoken to your local LTA Regional Team who will support you to get started.
Coaches and venues would need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Level 2 accredited coach, who has attended the LTA’s Adult CPD course
- Coaches should take time to understand the product insight/participant needs
- Existing coaching team and programme in place at your venue
- Follow session plans, including themes and structure
- Minimum of 2 courts with nearby toilets
- Open to non-members if run at a membership club
- Sessions uploaded to ClubSpark as pay and play
- Rackets and low compression balls (Green) available
- Promotional materials clearly displayed at the venue and promoted locally
How do I apply to become an Advantage coach?
If you are interested in running Advantage, we would advise getting in touch with your local LTA Regional Team.
I delivered Advantage in 2016, do I need to do anything to run it this year?
If you previously delivered Advantage, we would recommend attending regional training as there will be updated content, customer reviews, new ideas and best practice available which would be great for you to roll out on the Advantage court! You will also be provided with a top-up kit which includes additional balls and banners.
Existing coaches (venues) outside of London aren’t required to attend training, having done so already in 2016.
What support is available to Advantage coaches?
Once coaches have attended training, they will be equipped with both yellow and green balls, Babolat adult rackets, lesson plans, a central campaign website and posters & flyers for local promotion. You will either receive the equipment at the training course or it will be delivered to your venue(s) after the course.