Technical issues are currently affecting certain areas of our website, notably Player Search, Course Search, Competition Search and Venue Registration.

We are working hard to resolve these issues. During this time we would advise, where possible, to return later.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you need any guidance or assistance, please contact us.

Help & FAQs

We are registering a community venue(s), how do the standards apply to us?

The standards apply to you in the same way as they do for other venues.  Ultimately, the responsibility to achieve the minimum standards sits with whoever is applying to register the venue, whether this is a coaching provider, committee member, lone coach or local authority.

The Welfare Officer must not be a member of the coaching team.

The key difference is that you can designate the local authority as the point of contact and welfare officer for people to report concerns to.  This could be the local authority children’s services team.  This department will be trained in handling safeguarding concerns already. 

The welfare officer can also be a specific person and could be an employee from within the company – this would be the best option for big coaching providers that operate the coaching programmes and court bookings over multiple community sites both locally or nationally.

If it is a specific person (for example, a parent within the venue or employee), they must be affiliated to you as an LTA Member and meet the Welfare Officer requirements (training, DBS etc) as a regular tennis venue would. If you choose this option, to avoid any potential conflicts of interest and barriers to reporting, you must have a whistleblowing policy that is prominently displayed on your website next to the details of the Welfare Officer(s). A template whistleblowing policy can be downloaded here.

Contact details for how your customers can report a concern should be clearly displayed at the venue; this could be as simple as a laminated printout on the noticeboard or court fencing.  If you have a website, you should also have this information displayed there.

DBS checks for relevant staff at the site will only be required if you/the local authority are engaging someone to work with children. Guidance on who requires a DBS check can be found here.

Still need help?