What will the Sports Science & Sports Medicine provision be at National Academies?
The LTA will invest in the operators to provide access to extensive science and medicine. Each player’s science and medicine support programme will be built around their individualised IDP.
Weekly and daily content is expected to include:
- Individualised physical and psychological preparation for tennis sessions
- Daily strength and conditioning to build quality operating habits and optimise physical development
- Daily physical and emotional recovery programmes
- Access to support services on a needs basis (performance lifestyle support will be available to all players)
To provide optimal science and medicine support, a National Academy will have access to the following support services:
- Strength and Conditioning Coach – MSc and UKSCA (or CSCS, NSCA) qualified
- Physiotherapist – MSc (Sport and Exercise medicine or equivalent) and MCSP SRP
- Psychologist – MSc Sports Psychology/Psychiatry and either British Psychological Society (BPS) Stage 2 accreditation (supervised practice) or BASES accreditation
- Nutritionist – MSc and SENr
- Sports Doctor (available through LTA network on a needs basis)
- Performance Lifestyle & Welfare – MSc
- Performance Analysis