What changes can I expect from the new DBS process?
Anyone requiring a DBS check will need to be logged in to the LTA website and have their LTA Membership number and organisation pin in order to progress. Applicants will be able to obtain their LTA Membership number from their login area and the organisation pin from www.lta.org.uk/DBS.
- The LTA’s DBS webpage and the online application form will look aesthetically different.
- The new platform will be mobile and tablet responsive, enabling applicants to process their application on the move.
- Applicants can save their progress in the application form and return at a later time to complete it.
- Applicants can opt to have their identity documents verified at a participating Post Office (this will incur a £5 fee to the applicant set by the Post Office directly).
- The cost of a DBS check will be £52 for all non-voluntary roles, and remain at £8 for voluntary roles.
- Applicants can pay for their DBS check via credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Applicants can set up email alerts to monitor the progress of their application.