How will the World Tennis Number work?
The primary aim of the World Tennis Number is to support players with finding appropriate matches. It will provide an accurate measure of playing level that can be used across the sport including at local club competition. The World Tennis Number will operate on the following principles:
- A mathematical calculation with a high level of accuracy to reflect the playing standard of each player irrespective of where they play and which competitions they play in, with sets rather than just wins taken into account
- A dynamic system which enables the number to change on a regular basis to give a ‘real time’ playing standard of each player
- Separate singles and doubles measures
- A system which is gender and age neutral and rates all players on the same scale
- A system which reflects matches played at home and abroad