What is the criteria to deliver a Tennis for Kids course?
As a Coach, in order to be eligible to upload and deliver Tennis for Kids courses, you will need to meet all of the following criteria for the full duration of your course (if you do not meet this criteria, the system will not allow you to upload your course(s)):
- Minimum of Level 2 Coaching assistant or equivalent
- LTA Accredited OR Accredited+ OR have the following criteria in place
1. Satisfactory Criminal Record Check no older than 12 months completed through the LTA
2. Valid First Aid certificate (First Aid at Work, Emergency First Aid at Work, or OFQUAL Level 2 in First Aid)
3. Attendance of the Safeguarding and Protection in Tennis training within the last three years. Sports Coach UK’s Safeguarding and Protecting Children course will be accepted provided it is taken on or after 1 February 2017 (such date may change if the expected content of the course changes)
PLEASE NOTE: From 01 January 2019, the criteria will be changing and you must be either LTA Accredited or Accredited+ for the duration of your course in order to upload a course.
- Completed Tennis for Kids training in 2018
Additionally, from 01 January 2019, the course must be held at a venue that falls into one of the below categories:
- A Venue registered with the LTA and thus meets the five minimum safeguarding standards
- An Educational Venue - this includes Schools, Colleges & Universities
- A Park or Community Venue - Park and Community Venues do not need to be Registered to the LTA. They must however meet the minimum safeguarding standards and complete an LTA declaration form. To obtain a compulsory declaration form, contact your Regional Team. Once completed, access will be granted to upload a Tennis for Kids course at the venue in question.